Our show volunteers always have a great time! We strive for a fun, casual environment at our shows where both volunteers and competitors can learn and work together. Our show Manager, Michele Wellman, has years of experience running and planning shows and is happy to guide or teach new volunteers. These shows are a great environment to try out a new volunteer position or watch and see how things work.
If you are interested in volunteering, we need help with the following jobs for each of our schooling shows:
Pre-Show (Usually the Friday or Saturday before)
- Ring Set Up – 2 to 3 individuals – Duration Approx. 2 hours – How to Set Up an Arena
- Farm Clean Up – 1 to 2 individuals – Duration Approx. 2 hours – Jobs will vary
- Scribe – 1 individual – Duration Approx. 8 hours – How to be a Scribe
- Secretary – 1 individual – Duration Approx. 8 hours – Check in Competitors, collect money, forms and hand out packets.
- Ring Steward – 1 individual – Duration Approx. 8 hours – How to be a Steward
- Scorer – 2 to 3 individuals – Duration Approx. 8 hours – How to be a Scorer
- Runner – 1 individual – Duration Approx. 8 hours – How to be a Runner
Thank you very much to Leslie Raulin of FADS for providing the volunteer “How To” guides. We hope you enjoy them and please ask questions if you would like to help but want to know more!
- Breakfast and Coffee or Tea
- Lunch – Cooked by our FABULOUS chef, Charlene
- Drinks and Snacks throughout the day
- Choice of:
- One $25 entry to one of our BCF Open Schooling Shows
- Two free schooling opportunities at the farm (Value = $30)
Volunteers must work a minimum of 4 hours to earn a free entry or farm schooling pass.
If you would like to volunteer for one of our 8 Open schooling shows or Licensed show this year, please contact us! We are happy to have you help and enjoy one of our fun and educational shows.